There are some things you should avoid when creating and writing about a character.
- All character bios have to stick to the World of Warcraft Lore. Stick to the lore, because being a blood elf and loving Arthas is completely wrong.
- The name of the character must be original.
- The character should not be a descendant of any lore character. For example, the second cousin of Arthas, or the long lost sibling of Sylvanas.
- The character could not have been born in Orgrimmar or Darnassus, or spent their youth there, unless you want to play as a four year old character (Orgrimmar and Darnassus were built recently.)
- Also notice that the exodus of gnomes from Gnomeregan happened recently, so your character couldn't have not been born during that time.
- When writing a character history, one should try to avoid things such as, "He was also well-known for slaying the dreaded traitor, Van Cleef," or, "She is renowned for cleansing the demonic taint from Ragefire Chasm." Such statements of permanent changes in the game world by the hand of your character would bring about many, many continuity errors.
- Make sure you read the HELP PAGE first, to understand how to create a page under a category.
- You can use the Bio Template to help create your character Bio.
Little list of links that might help you create a character.
- WoW Insider has some good RP guides here and here